Advent t9208

coopa 00:36 22 Oct 07

Hi, I've got Advent t9208 now, running xp media center 2005 at home and been meaning to transfer to vista eventually. I've got the system restore now though, and don't know if i'll have it still available after installing vista on top. any ideas?

Mike10C 08:31 22 Oct 07

I have been through the same process. Started with media center and firstly did an upgrade directly to Vista home premium. This failed the first time possibly because I was impatient half way through the install. It worked the second time, but Vista was not reliable, and so I went back, and did a clean install for Vista on a separate disc giving me a dual boot option. This works fine and has been reliable since March. System restore works on both Media Centre, and Vista, but each time I opt for Media Centre it wipes out all the system restore history on Vista.
So I have to remember to do a system restore as soon as I go back to Vista. But Vista is now my main OS anyway.
Hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…