Adobe reader update – file "adberdr940_en_us.msi"

I cannot find this file on my computer. Without it I cannot uninstall Adobe reader which might have given me a chance of a fresh install. I'm going round in circles! Surely there is a way in which I can obtain this file or can somebody tell me where it is?

a member 06 Oct 11
Answer

why not just get the latest adobe reader .exe run it ,it will uninstall previous versions ,and also has a repair feature . http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

thank you Merlinx. But I think there is a problem with Adobe reader X which has interfered with Dragon Naturally Speaking, which I use quite a lot. But maybe I should try your suggestion of and then see if I can make Dragon work.

a member 07 Oct 11

Thank you Merlinx again. I'm still able to use Dragon with Adobe X but I've turned protection at startup off.

Update. It's no good: Dragon will not work with Adobe Reader X so once more I have reverted to 9.4.

LaLeigh 12 Oct 11

I just joined this site and I also have a question about Adobe and Dragon....I was going to start using Dragon today and saw this thread! I'm glad I did too! I had a bot virus a few weeks ago and had to redo my pc, so I haven't downloaded any of the PDF Readers yet! If Adobe doesn't work with Dragon, how about Foxit? Any problems with capability problems with it?

LaLeigh 12 Oct 11

Mine is an older version of Dragon, it's #10 if that makes a difference too.

Dragon does work with Adobe Reader 9.4 and I am happy with that version of Reader. What I still cannot do is update my 9.4 version because apparently I lack a file called "adberdr940enus.msi". Apart from that I have no problems!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message