Administrator account

jz 20:23 26 Mar 07

I noticed the my account on Vista is an Administrator. It's the only accound on my PC, and was set up during Vista installation. I thought that by default, for improved security, Vista puts users into non-administrator accounts, or have I got this wrong?

Giant68 20:25 26 Mar 07

Vista uses User Account Control, which, as I understand it, runs the administrator account in a limited way and asks the user to confirm actions that are at administrator level. So you are effectively using a limited account.

Giant68

jz 20:31 26 Mar 07

OK thanks. I assumed that you were a standard (non-administrator) user and got a prompt for a password if you wanted something that required administrator privileges - bad assumption on my part.

anskyber 23:53 26 Mar 07

There is a full admin account in Vista which is hidden but can be uncovered. If you have upgraded from XP and only had an admin account running you will have the full admin account carried over.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…