the address bar at the bottom of the screen

sunnystaines 15:36 25 Oct 10

I presume this is meant to work like the old google deskbar.

If i type a search word in this box it always brings up a blank web page.

i then have to re enter the search word again in the search bar in the top right of ie8.

anyone know how to get it working please

[the old google deskbar does not work in w7 so cannot replace it]

sunnystaines 08:24 27 Oct 10

does it work on anyones windows7 just so i know its a problem here and not a w7 fault.

rdave13 08:43 27 Oct 10

The taskbar address bar only searches for web addresses. What happens if you type google in to it?

sunnystaines 13:34 27 Oct 10

that worked ok. but when i put words to search on the net i get blank pages, is it not able to do this with some tweaking.

john bunyan 15:40 27 Oct 10

maybe I am missing something, but I do not seem to have an address bar at the bottom of my W7, IE8 screen. There is a task bar where you can pin programmes for quick launch.
I have a Google bar at the top with a search slot which works.

sunnystaines 16:20 27 Oct 10

on the desktop bar at bottom of screen -right click-select toolbars-tick "desktop"

mine loaded as default on w7 32bit ultimate

john bunyan 18:32 27 Oct 10

Nothing happens here either because it is not a true toolbar but the taskbar.I have a Google toolbar at the top which works ok. If you right click in the top toolbar you can select the ones you want.

sunnystaines 19:23 27 Oct 10

sorry got words mixed up right click task bar at bottom of screen then toolbars then address

sorry for confusion, just double checked it for you its right this time.[blame my tablets]

john bunyan 19:52 27 Oct 10

Thanks. When I did that a box appeared and when I typed in it, it suggested sites.Thanks for telling how to do it!!

rdave13 23:41 27 Oct 10

This taskbar address bar only searches for actual web pages urls. It will then retain them in the registry and when you click the arrow near the search box it will then list all the urls visited using this function. It will retain the history regardless of what 'cleaners' you use.

sunnystaines 07:15 28 Oct 10

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5