Additional RAM

prima12 10 Aug 11
Answered

Hi, I am running Vista 32bit with an Athlon 4400 dual core processor with an Asus M2N-MX m/b. I have just add additional ram to give me 4gb from 2gb, I still have 2 vacant ram card slots, would I, or could I, gain any further advantage by installing the old 1gb ram into the other to vacant slots? P.

tullie 10 Aug 11

No

Karakorum 12 Aug 11

According to the Crucial Memory Advisor Tool you can max the memory to 8GB

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=M2N-MX&Cat=RAM

Karakorum 12 Aug 11

The above link is for the Crucial U.S. site. For other nations hover over the flag in top right of page.

Karakorum 12 Aug 11
Answer

Says however that 32bit Windows will only utilize 3 or 3.5 GB of any installed memory so would seem pointless to add more than you already have - unless you're contemplating moving up to 64bit?

tullie 15 Aug 11

Which was why i said no in my first post.

prima12 15 Aug 11

Correct tullie, but you gave no reason why, because you already know and I didn't. I thought people were a little more friendly here. P.

tullie 16 Aug 11

Sorry you feel that way,we are friendly.

pk46 16 Aug 11

Looks like you will have to upgrade to Vista 64BIT if you can find a copy try W7-64BIT then you will be able to make use of your 4GB ram.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message