adding a desktop icon (lotro)

i have just reinstalled lord of the rings online, and it's in games, and in games i can either pin to start menu or add to quicklaunch, but i cant for the life of me work out how to get a desktop icon, have tried send to desktop on all the files in the folder is there a quick way to do this, all my other vista games (2) installed the icons automatically.
thanks adam

Pine Man 13:41 02 Jul 07

If you can pin to the start menu can you not right click on the item and send it from there to the desktop?

If it's in quick launch can you not unlock the taskbar and drag the icon from there to the desktop?

crosstrainer 13:42 02 Jul 07

Go to your HDD, open the program files folder, locate the LOTR folder, open it, find the exe file icon (with the picture) right click and drag (NOT COPY) it onto the desktop...IE: create shortcut here!

anskyber 13:45 02 Jul 07

From "all programs" click on games and right click on lotr to send to desktop.

thanks guys, it seems i still dont have permission to access my data files, i tried all the following, i'll try it on xp machine.
thanks anyway
adam
click here

also it's in games from start menu, if i go to games from all programs, it's not there?

i could however pin it to start menu and then drag it to desktop!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…