Ad-Aware 2007 Free for Vista

tufti 17:21 29 Aug 07

Is now available to download which I did but when When I try to install it I get a box headed "FATAL ERROR" and " Installation ended prematurely because of an error."

I tried right clicking on the exe file and run as administrator.
I Uninstalled the previous version which I have been using up till now but still no luck.

Does anyone have the same problem or perhaps a solution.

Thanks

T

tufti 09:58 31 Aug 07

So does nobody use it? If so what alternatives can anyone suggest?

Thanks

Jake_027 10:52 31 Aug 07

Have you tried running ccleaner after you uninstall to get rid of any traces. And have you tried a different download source incase the current download is corrupted?

J B 10:59 31 Aug 07

I used to run the old version but I will not run the new one until they fix what ever is wrong with the darn thing. I now run the following:

SUPERAntispyware click here
A Squared Free click here²_Free_edition_d4281.html

Both are free and will run on Vista.

Just as an after thought I also run Windows Live OneCare, which has an enhanced version of Windows Defender included. I assume that you already run it within Vista. J.B.

J B 11:02 31 Aug 07

Oops, bad link for A Squared. Try this click here J.B.

jakimo 12:26 31 Aug 07

Ad-Aware 2007 for Vista latest,works ok for me,suggest you uninstall\re-install

Jimmy14 12:46 31 Aug 07

Works fine for me on Vista.

tufti 16:16 31 Aug 07

Running Defender, AVG, Spybot and old version of Ad-Aware(se)which won't update.
Tried running cc-cleaner and downloading the new version of Ad-Aware frome several sources but keep getting the error message when trying to install.

Going to give A-squared a go and perhaps try Ad-Aware at a later date.

Thanks for the responses. I'll tick resolved for now.

T

rawprawn 16:20 06 Sep 07

Try turning the User account Control off before installing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…