Action Center ? ? ? ? ?

Covergirl 07 Aug 09

I'm plagued by this "Action Centre" flag (yes, literally a flag) in the systray. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it isn't. When it is, it informs me there's some kind of problem or some protection is out of date, but lately it sits there and when I hover over it with the mouse it says "No current issues detected". What is the point ???

Can't it just go away. All the settings are either "On" or "OK" apart from "Network Access Protection" which doesn't have the option of turning it on. Where's me VHP backup discs . . . . ?

GaT7 08 Aug 09

This may be of some help: 'How To Manage Action Center in Windows 7' click here. G

Covergirl 08 Aug 09

The "How to disable it completely" section is just what I wanted !

Thanks again.

Covergirl 09 Aug 09

My version of W7 control panel doesn't have the "All Control Panel Items" but it does have "Notification Area Icons" and when you get into that you have the link to "Turn System Items on or off".

Job done - thanks.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message