Acronis Secure Zone Partiton Problem

rawprawn 15:19 04 May 07

Vaio VGN-AR31E Laptop, Windows Vista Home Premium.
I have created an Acronis Zone and backed up to it, the problem is that I get an error message each boot "Windows Disc not found Exception processing message 0xc0000013" The partition shows in Disc management as a "Healthy Primary partition" I am sure this is FAT but it is not shown. I am also sure that if I could give it another Drive Letter it would solve the problem but it doesn't seem to be an option. Any ideas welcome, I would like to keep the Acronis secure zone if possible but I also backup to an exterior HDD

Pine Man 16:42 04 May 07

Hi rawprawn,

I have been a user of Acronis for many years and was very pleased when they were amongst the first to ensure that a Vista version was released in time for the actual Vista release.

I am not sure what is causing your problem but obviously the first point to clear up is are you using version 10?

Following on from that I notice that, in addition, you also back up to an external HDD so my second question is are you also backing up (or trying to) to a secure zone on your primary hard drive?

If you haven't got v 10 you clearly need it and I can't see any real point in backing up your system twice.

I back up regularly to a separate drive so I have never actually used secure zone but whenever I have had any queries I use the Acronis Forum which can be found here click here They are very good indeed with lots of input from Acronis staff.

rawprawn 16:56 04 May 07

Hi Pine Man, yes it is V 10. Like you I have been using Acronis a long time (since TI 7)
The answer to your second question is Yes, I already backup to my external HDD. The reason I have been trying to create and run the secure zone, was that I had occasion earlier this week to use the backup on the external drive, and it took about 4 hours to complete. In my old computer (XP Pro) it would have taken about half an hour using the backup from Acronis Secure Zone. I note your link to the Forum and I will look there tomorrow. I have deleted the "Secure zone partion" for the time being until I can get a positive way forward.
Thanks Rwaprawn

rawprawn 19:10 04 May 07

You probably activated the True Image Startup Recovery Manager which modifies the MBR and now Vista cannot find its own recovery partition on the laptop. There is no need to activate or use the SRM nor is it a good idea to use the Secure Zone. If your hard drive goes belly up, so does the Backup in the SZ. Much better to use an external drive to hold the BAckups.
I will tick this as resolved, shame because I did like that aspect of acronis

Pine Man 20:08 04 May 07

At least you know what was wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…