Acer laptop windows 7 failing to open

costak 01:59 AM 17 May 13

Dear community, I am experiencing a problem with my laptop and I shall send out great karma to anyone that can help.

Model: Acer 6530G Laptop Operating System: Win 7

Last night I uninstalled Adobe Reader. I then installed Foxit pdf. I shut down the computer later on. Before the computer shut down, it installed windows update config. I have a feeling that the computer died before it finished installing updates.

Now when I start the comp I select my user account, and it shows:

1) Windows explorer has stopped working 2) Host process for windows tasks has stopped working

Then I get a blue screen with no cursor of folders or anything. I tried safe mode with networking. It takes me into windows and and then I can see the start, my folders etc. but I cant load anything such as a folder, file or program.

Please can anyone help? Costa

costak 02:03 AM 17 May 13

Dear community, I am experiencing a problem with my laptop and I shall send out great karma to anyone that can help.

Model: Acer 6530G Laptop Operating System: Win 7

Last night I uninstalled Adobe Reader. I then installed Foxit pdf. I shut down the computer later on. Before the computer shut down, it installed windows update config. I have a feeling that the computer died before it finished installing updates.

Now when I start the comp I select my user account, and it shows:

1) Windows explorer has stopped working 2) Host process for windows tasks has stopped working

Then I get a blue screen with no cursor of folders or anything. I tried safe mode with networking. It takes me into windows and and then I can see the start, my folders etc. but I cant load anything such as a folder, file or program.

Please can anyone help?

Costa

costak 06:08 AM 17 May 13

Thank u for your response.

I already tried these and nothing. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites