Acer laptop windows 7 failing to open

costak 01:59 AM 17 May 13

Dear community, I am experiencing a problem with my laptop and I shall send out great karma to anyone that can help.

Model: Acer 6530G Laptop Operating System: Win 7

Last night I uninstalled Adobe Reader. I then installed Foxit pdf. I shut down the computer later on. Before the computer shut down, it installed windows update config. I have a feeling that the computer died before it finished installing updates.

Now when I start the comp I select my user account, and it shows:

1) Windows explorer has stopped working 2) Host process for windows tasks has stopped working

Then I get a blue screen with no cursor of folders or anything. I tried safe mode with networking. It takes me into windows and and then I can see the start, my folders etc. but I cant load anything such as a folder, file or program.

Please can anyone help? Costa

costak 02:03 AM 17 May 13

Dear community, I am experiencing a problem with my laptop and I shall send out great karma to anyone that can help.

Model: Acer 6530G Laptop Operating System: Win 7

Last night I uninstalled Adobe Reader. I then installed Foxit pdf. I shut down the computer later on. Before the computer shut down, it installed windows update config. I have a feeling that the computer died before it finished installing updates.

Now when I start the comp I select my user account, and it shows:

1) Windows explorer has stopped working 2) Host process for windows tasks has stopped working

Then I get a blue screen with no cursor of folders or anything. I tried safe mode with networking. It takes me into windows and and then I can see the start, my folders etc. but I cant load anything such as a folder, file or program.

Please can anyone help?

Costa

costak 06:08 AM 17 May 13

Thank u for your response.

I already tried these and nothing. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay