acer laptop cannot detect wireless network

breadwinner 14:17 PM 21 Sep 12

I have acer laptop running vista up to date with all updates. Suddenly stopped seeing any wireless networks. Has internal atheros ar5007eg wireless adapter. I have updated drivers, it shows in device manager and says device is working but no wireless networks are visable. I bought a netgear n300 usb adapter as a work around and loaded drivers as per setup but then usb cannot be detected. I have tried different usb ports but still the same. Is there something in the laptop that can cause both of these problems. I thought using an external adapter would overcome this but it hasn't. Thank you

northumbria61 15:47 PM 21 Sep 12

Have you checked in SERVICES to see if WLAN is turned ON? The Service may need restarting.

breadwinner 15:51 PM 21 Sep 12

Yes thanks, done that

northumbria61 15:55 PM 21 Sep 12

And was that the problem?

breadwinner 15:56 PM 21 Sep 12

Sorry, no it was'nt, problem still there

northumbria61 15:59 PM 21 Sep 12

I don't have wireless but if no adapter showing have you tried setting up a new connection?

breadwinner 16:03 PM 21 Sep 12

Yes I have done that. Still will not find a network

northumbria61 16:07 PM 21 Sep 12

There should be a switch normally on the front edge of the laptop - have you accidentally turned this OFF?

breadwinner 16:13 PM 21 Sep 12

I cannot find a switch and there is no mention of one in the manual

northumbria61 16:18 PM 21 Sep 12

Well there is normally a one on all laptops with a light to say when it is on or off. I assume you are using Windows 7 and if so have a look here enter link description here

northumbria61 16:22 PM 21 Sep 12

Sorry I see you are running Vista but the principle is similar. Are you sure you have updated with the correct driver?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay