Acer aspire overheating problems s

KrisGotts 18:09 13 Jun 14

Hello, i have a Acer Aspire V3-571. As you can see from the title my problem is overheating. And by overheating, i mean you could fry sausages on the fans. I have tried using Speedfan, but it doesn't recognize any of my fans. I would open the panels on my notebook, however i have been advised against it. i believe it has been caused by Windows 8.1 or BIOS, but i am not incredibly knowledgeable in troubleshooting either area. I have tried googling, looking through forums etc..., however most have some "risks" or seem a bit, well iffy. I would appreciate some help, Thank you.

My PC specs are: Intel® Core™ i7-3632QM processor (2.2GHz/3.2GHz w/Turbo Boost) - 8GB DDR3 memory - 1TB hard drive - 15.6" CineCrystal™ LCD display (1366 x 768) - Intel® HD Graphics 4000 - Mobile Intel® HM77

rdave13 19:53 13 Jun 14

Check your cooling settings in power properties. Control Panel, Power Options, select ' change plan settings' in your plan, select 'change advanced power settings' in the window and you should get a pop-up pane. In the pane expand 'Processor power management', expand 'System cooling policy'. If it shows 'passive' click on the passive then a dropdown menu should open and select 'Active'. Then the usual apply and ok.

If on active already change your power plan to 'High performance' and checking sus cooling still on active.

It just might be Acer's own power plan causing the problem trying to save the battery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now