Acer aspire one d255

GJBANGLER 11:20 17 Jan 11

i have installed windows 7 ultimate on above netbook. all the instalation went ok. when i tried to go online to set my security for wireless network, i found there was no network adaptors installed.checked devices and found that ethernet controlller, network controller and video controller have no drivers installed. can anyone inform me how to reinstall drivers and which ones in easy steps. i have another laptop with internet access and usb.
thanks in advance

dms_05 14:42 17 Jan 11

You will find all the drivers originally installed on the Acer site click here you will probably use the D250 drivers.

dms_05 14:44 17 Jan 11

Incidentally if you connect the netbook with a LAN cable it's probable that all the correct drivers will be installed if you activate Windows Update.

GaT7 14:44 17 Jan 11

You should be able to get the necessary drivers from Acer via click here:

In the above link choose Netbook > Aspire One > AOD255. Then select 'Windows 7 Ultimate x32' next to Operating System (you installed the 32-bit version, right?).

To be up-to-date, download & install the following:

- Chipset Driver
- Audio Driver
- LAN Driver
- VGA Driver
- Wireless LAN Driver
- Anything else you think is applicable, but once online you can download them directly on the netbook

If the netbook has no optical drive, you must have a USB flash drive in order to transfer the necessary files to the netbook.

Once you have them on the netbook, unzip the files one at a time & click on their executable (usually Setup) to install. If some don't have any executable, let us know & we'll tell you how to install them. G

GJBANGLER 18:33 18 Jan 11

downloaded and installed using usb.still have no connection to internet either with ethernet cable or wireless.any further help to resolve please

GaT7 18:37 18 Jan 11

So I guess the installations went ahead with no errors at all?

What does it now say in Device Manager regarding the ethernet & network controllers, or other missing items? G

rickf 22:38 19 Jan 11

I think you might entually revert back to the Win 7 Starter pack 'cause Win 7 Ultimate is just too much for a netbook CPU and shortage of memory as specs stand at the mo.

rickf 22:39 19 Jan 11

oops, "eventually"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…