Access denied!

wotbus@ 20:51 18 Apr 10

I use a program called FSX in Win7 64bit.
Sometimes I am required to edit a file contained within, just by opening it in Notepad - making the change - saving it.
I keep getting "Access Denied" when I try to save the updated file.
Has the author placed a lock on it - is this something to do with Administrator Rights (I am he) - and how do I do it every time and not just sometimes?
For those interested, it's when adding a texture to an aircraft and modifying the aircraft.cfg file so that the texture shows.
Thanks.

wotbus@ 20:57 18 Apr 10

Think I may have found the answer here:
click here

wotbus@ 21:00 18 Apr 10

Yup - sorted :-)

Technocrate 06:25 19 Apr 10

The solution to this problem is to give yourself full access to your files. This can be done very easily by following these steps:
Part 1: Open an Administrator Explorer window
1.Click Start
2.Type: explorer
3.Right-click Windows Explorer
4.Click Run As Administrator
This will open an "Administrator" explorer window. Every action that you take from this window will be executed with full Administrator permissions.
Part 2: Change security settings
1.Find the folder you need access to from the Administrator Explorer window
2.Right-click it
3.Click Properties
4.Click the Security Tab
5.Click Edit
6.Click Add
7.If you are the only one that needs modify access to this file, type your username and press enter. Otherwise, type "Users" and press enter.
8.Click the checkbox under Allow next to Full Control
9.Click OK
10.Click OK

For More Information and help related to windows 7 issues click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…