8800 GTS/vista and BF 2142

m_r_p 20:18 04 Feb 07

Sup all just wondered if any1 else runs Vista prem a geforce 8800 in BF 2142 ive got the latest nvidia drivers install 100.59 and my frame rates are poo LOL With xp they were far superior does any1 know if its OS prob cos its new or Nvidia driver problem or the game itself (lots of or s there ..sorry) thanks guys/girls

Totally-braindead 20:21 04 Feb 07

Have a look at this thread click here it appears the drivers are BETA drivers and as such could be the problem. I think you're stuck till they bring out full properly tested ones.

Totally-braindead 20:24 04 Feb 07

Just checked the Nvidia website they are definatly BETA drivers and their comment
"These NVIDA Windows Vista drivers are under development. This version is not fully optimized for full 3D performance and may not include all available features available on different operating systems."
I notice they missed the I out of Nvidia.

Kate B 23:07 04 Feb 07

If you Google a search term along the lines of "nvidia vista drivers" you will discover much wailing and gnashing of teeth about the patchy driver support for Vista.

I have the very latest nvidia drivers
running on my setup and fortunately
I also have 3DMark06 (updated) running
on Vista Ultimate. The score on my new
setup hit 10323 my XP score for my 8800GTX
was 10341 not a great deal of difference
with work on the drivers there will be improvements. They may be betas but I have
no complaints the only problem I have had
has been CL drivers (nightmare stuff) for
my X-Fi Fatal1ty. The support is not good
and what is available did not install
properly, I did eventually get the better
of it in the end. I am gaming with Vista
online no problems I even have a fully
functioning Vista (32 Bit) beta driver for
my Razor mouse.

Its not all doom and gloom Vista has quirks
but I like it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…