52-in-1 multi format card reader

kenlowe47 22:34 04 Aug 13

My PC was using Vista and when the hard drive crashed I got the system upgraded to Windows 7 (64 bit) Home Premium. Since then my internal multi-format card reader is not recognised as it does not appear anywhere in the hardware list The USB 2 port on the same device as the card reader will recognise an external card reader and does open the card files. Also when I plug any Canon camera into any USB port it does not recognise the camera is there.

kenlowe47 10:10 05 Aug 13

Hi David,

Many thanks for the prompt reply, I tried as you suggested and no disk appears other than the C drive and labels for the two CD drives. Also all the software and drivers for the Canon have been loaded for a few years now. The problem only started after I changed the PC from Vista to Windows 7.

Regards, Ken

kenlowe47 12:04 05 Aug 13

Hi David,

I have solved the Canon problem by removing and reloading all the software and drivers. But still have the problem with the card reader. Regards, Ken

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…