3.5mm audio splitter.

  omegaalpha 19:47 06 May 11

Hey, I bought a new PC (Win 7 HP, 32-bit) and I think that the sound card (an ASUS Xonar DS 7.1) is physically faulty.

I have 5.1 surround sound system, and there are three audio jacks, a green; a black and a yellow. I plugged them into their respective ports on the audio card, but I have a lot of white noise and a high pitch "squeal" when I turn the speakers on.

I know that there is a physical fault with the card, as everytime I physically manipulate the yellow jack (whilst still connected to the audio card) I can reduce, not eliminate, the high pitch "squeal" and the white noise. If I unplug the yellow jack, there is no high pitch "squeal" - hence the assumption to the physical fault.

What I want to do is find an audio jack splitter; a cable that has 3 female plugs that merge into 1 male audio jack - and plug this in to just one audio port on the card. If all 5 speakers work on just one audio port of the card, then I know that one (or more) of the other audio ports are faulty and then I can get a replacement from the manufacturer.

The question here is; does anyone know of a place that sells this type of cabling? I've tried looking on the net, but cannot find anything relevant?

Greatly appreciate any help, Thanks, Omegaalpha :)


This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Driverless cars in the UK - The story so far: How Google and the UK Government are testing self-drin…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

You can now publish data visualisations to the web from Power BI

Complete guide to Apple's campus 2, everything we know about the new spaceship HQ, plus: new drone…