2 lots of dump files?

akpak 16:54 29 Jul 10

When doing a disk cleanup I noticed that the items suggested for deletion included Debug Dump Files and System Error Memory Dump Files. Both were exactly the same size (>350MB), which makes me wonder if one is a duplicate of the other.

It's a fairly new computer which has only had one BSOD, and I knew about the memory dump and minidump files and where to find them. However, I can't find the Debug Dump File, nor do I know why it needs to be there as well as the memory dump.

Can anyone enlighten me, please? Also, if there is another BSOD, will the Debug Dump File be overwritten like the memory dump file is, or will I accumulate more of these rather large files?

BRYNIT 23:33 29 Jul 10

Some information on Debug Dump Files that may help you understand what they are click here

akpak 13:51 30 Jul 10

Thanks - I'd seen that link and others like it, but it still doesn't answer the question of (a) whether this is a duplicate of the System Error Memory Dump files; (b) where these extra files are located; or (c) whether they will continue to accumulate or be overwritten at any subsequent BSOD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009