2 Excel spread sheets open at same time

kimtrnc 12:44 07 Jan 10

I do the cataloguing for a small charity library. I use excel spreadsheets for the various categories.

I want to check on previous versions, as I think I have lost some data, but am unable to display both spreadsheets at the same time, even if I open the 2 files with separate instances of the program. Tried everything I can think of, but 7 will only switch betwenn the two programs, not show them side by side.
Any ideas, please?

BRYNIT 14:26 07 Jan 10

I don't have W7 at the moment but remember reading about snap part of w7 click here

kimtrnc 14:34 07 Jan 10

Brynit thanks, already tried that. Doesn't work! Excel INSISTS on opening any number of files in one window. Since I want to compare, it's useless. Will look at your link and see if the Great MS can offer a solution....

BRYNIT 17:32 07 Jan 10

I've just had a quick look at Excel 2007 and you are correct it does open in the same window but did find out how to view two sheets.

If you are using Excel 2007

Open both sheets
Go to view/view side by side this should open both sheets in the same window. Make sure you have synchronised scrolling selected this will scroll both sheets together.

Click on arrange all and select how you want to view the sheets.

BRYNIT 17:35 07 Jan 10

Should have typed.

Click on view tab
click on view side by side. This option will only be available if you have more than one work sheet open.

Proclaimer 10:42 15 Jan 10

just in case you have them both saved as the same name in separate locations.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5