Zynga IPO

OTT_B 17:26 PM 02 Jul 11

With the apparently imminent flotation of Zynga, the 'social gaming' company (can anyone explain to me what social gaming actually means, and what makes it social??), the expert analysts out there expect the value of the company to be around the $15bn - $20bn mark. Yes, BILLION, not million. Oh yes, and they made a profit of.......90.5 million dollars last year, making their estimated value an astonishing 221x their profit.

With estimates of Facebook's value anywhere north of $100bn with rumoured profits last year of £400m, that gives a multiple of 250x.

Is it just me, or is the question of whether another price bubble is forming, a rhetorical question now?

Irrespective of my thoughts of Facebook and Zynga (which are becoming more negative and unrepeatable as time goes by!), I couldn't value Zynga at any more than $1bn and Facebook at $4bn. I could also argue that Zynga should be worth substantially less since they are, to all intents and purposes, dependant on Facebook to survive.

OTT_B 17:30 PM 02 Jul 11
  WhiteTruckMan 22:29 PM 02 Jul 11

It's only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. Valuations of a company without much in the way of tangible assets (relatively speaking) is largely a marriage of convenience between guesswork and optimism anyhow.

WTM

wiz-king 08:45 AM 04 Jul 11

Never heard of them - had to look them up to see what they made....money?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…