Is your Spam getting less?

€dstowe 08:41 29 Mar 07

Just been clearing the spam traps and I've noticed a lot less rubbish email than I'm used to.

In one account where I normally receive about 500 junk messages a day, for the past week or so, this has reduced to less than 200. This morning it was only 97. All the other accounts have a similar reduction - one even has no spam at all.

Are others experiencing similar or am I just (temporarily) lucky?

Koochy 08:46 29 Mar 07

I don't think it is you being lucky, i have noticed a reduction the amount of rubbish i am getting in my spam boxes even dare i say it with my hotmail account.

Koochy

J B 09:20 29 Mar 07

Not getting to much here either since we switched to Outlook 2003, that said, our ISP catches it before we check for new stuff. I check the web mail every morning to see what we have and if there is anythig that looks dodgy it gets the treatment before I download. Works for us. J.B.

Al94 09:34 29 Mar 07

Now that you mention it there has been a huge reduction in recent weeks.

recap 10:47 29 Mar 07

I have to agree with you €dstowe, all my email accounts have over the past few months had considerably less spam.

Koochy, in reference to Hotmail, I found that at the beginning of this year, most of the spam I was getting was from Hotmail accounts. I was always under the impression that Hotmail checked such activity?

Jak_1 11:33 29 Mar 07

I don't use a spam filter but have noticed a significant drop in the amount of spam being recieved, now down to about 10 items per day via the orange servers.

Koochy 12:11 29 Mar 07

I had that problem as well with other hotmail accounts and yahoo accounts but now if i think it is even a little bit dodgy i just hit the report and delete button and off the go.

Koochy

Watchful 12:35 29 Mar 07

but I never got much anyway.

Input Overload 13:39 29 Mar 07

I don't get as much as I did six months ago, virtually none via pop3, & only a couple a day on my Hotmail account.

oldbeefer2 14:15 29 Mar 07

'500 a day' - blimey, and I thought I was suffering with 2 or 3 a week! Why the huge difference, I wonder.

Woolwell 14:43 29 Mar 07

What am I doing wrong? I still get a significant number.

The spoof e-mail addresses which used to generate undelivered messages have stopped though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…