Is your car on the insurance database?

Pineman100 15:29 15 Nov 08

This may be old hat to some of you, but thanks to an item in the Daily Telegraph I discovered today how you can check whether your car is properly entered on the national insurance database - the one that the police use.

Just click here and enter your registration number.

Forum Editor 15:32 15 Nov 08

it's on the insurance database. There's rarely any need to check.

Pamy 16:34 15 Nov 08

why would we want to know that, thats for the insurance people isn't it?

Pineman100 17:06 15 Nov 08

Well, you'd want to know if your insurance company had failed to put you on the database, due to an oversight.

If they did, you'd have trouble taxing your car and if the police ever ran a check they would think your car was uninsured.

pj123 18:02 15 Nov 08

Yes.

Pamy 18:13 15 Nov 08

Oh, I did not know that. I have it all in writing from my insurers that I am covered and that has always been good enough for me.

Pamy 18:18 15 Nov 08

PS, my neighbour is in the same position as me and she has not got a computer, what should I adviser to do?

Kemistri 18:22 15 Nov 08

Offer to check it on her behalf.

Pamy 18:26 15 Nov 08

OK, I will tell her about the problem and ask her if she would like me to do that for her, but there must be a lot of people that have not got computers and do not realise the trouble they could be in

Joe R 18:28 15 Nov 08

"but there must be a lot of people that have not got computers and do not realise the trouble they could be in"

What trouble?

Pamy 18:32 15 Nov 08

Well, you'd want to know if your insurance company had failed to put you on the database, due to an oversight.

If they did, you'd have trouble taxing your car and if the police ever ran a check they would think your car was uninsured.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple