Your best energy savings tips

simonjary 14:43 PM 22 May 13

Hi.

We've just updated our Energy Saving Tips How To.

I'm sure there are some forum users with fantastic electricity and heating savings tips.

What are your favourites? We'll add the best to the article.

Thanks!

Simon

Publisher, PC Advisor

oresome 15:22 PM 22 May 13

A water heater jacket is easy to install and can save hundreds of dollars on your utility bills over the lifetime of your water heater.

wee eddie 16:33 PM 22 May 13

Reinstate the Net Curtains ~ gives you Triple Glazing on the qt

Al94 17:00 PM 22 May 13

Our electricity prices have just risen 18% today!

Use more deodorant and use electric shower less!

Buy a clothes line and ditch the tumble drier.

carver 19:12 PM 22 May 13

A194 "Buy a clothes line and ditch the tumble drier" If you have children and the weather we have been having that's a no starter.

Bing.alau 19:30 PM 22 May 13

I manage to dry clothes after washing by using either the clothes line outside or a maiden situated in the spare room near a radiator with the windows open. I have never used my tumble drier since my wife died. But keep it handy because one never knows when it will come in handy.

I have heavy curtains inside all door areas, which draw across the door when it is really cold. Also heavy curtains on all windows.

Wear layers of clothes in winter or any time it gets cold. If it's really cold don't be afraid to wear ladies tights beneath your normal clothing. I always found they were ideal on the golf course. Oh yes as most heat escapes from your head wear a woolly hat. Even wearing a hat indoors is beneficial in the winter. After all who is going to know?

Use as little hot water as possible when washing dishes etc. I always save up a day's dishes to wash at one time rather than after every meal. It's the little things that mount up when saving. "Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves".

Switch off all your gadgets overnight. Just put enough water in your kettle for what you are going to use, if you are having a cup of coffee then just put a cupful of water, and maybe a touch more in the kettle. Why boil water you aren't going to use?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:32 PM 22 May 13

Rub a bit of Amber on a Nylon jumper and create your own electricity for free, also helps to keep you warm in the process.

:0)

csqwared 20:20 PM 22 May 13

Bing.alau

Howd'y' get a maiden? Did you kill the dragon or the knight or both? ;_))

Bing.alau 21:05 PM 22 May 13

No! I bowled her over...

Graham* 01:02 AM 23 May 13

Drill a small hole in the fridge door to check the light goes out when you close it.

Mr Mistoffelees 08:49 AM 23 May 13

On a windy day, don't use your car for travelling around. All you need is roller-skates, or a skateboard and a sail.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites