You Will not get hacked on a home PC.

Dorsai 18:45 23 Jul 04

To quote a well known and respected fourum 'Honerable Member'.

While not a personal dig, and in no way wishing to be a direct attack, diss, have a go at, slander, upset, or in any way suggest that this person does not know what they are talking about, or even suggest they they are incorrect in any way in what he (Or she) says/thinks. (so they will not be named)

click here

To see some who seem to think that quite important personl data, such as credit card numbers, passwords, etc may well be on your PC, without you realising, and such info does not stike me a drivel.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:58 23 Jul 04

It has been a well known fact for years that data cannot be erased from hard drives. The obvious fact that millions of bank accounts/CC details have not been stolen from home computers would lead one to believe that there are not gazillions of people trying to do this.

Anyone who believes that super trained criminals are lurking at computer fairs or scouring Loot/TradeIt for 2nd hand computers to steal passwords from and have the equipment, knowledge and capability to decipher disks is totally away with the fairies and should be banned from reading any 'security' articles that they are unable to understand - While not a personal dig, and in no way wishing to be a direct attack, diss, have a go at, slander, upset, or in any way suggest that this person does not know what they are talking about, or even suggest they they are incorrect in any way in what he (Or she) says/thinks. (so they will not be named.

This is the dullest, uber-paranoid article that I have ever laughed at. Reds under the bed next and it comes as no suprise that it is 'they are all out to get us' American in origin.

G

ps the article is about 'stealing' passwords from physical items, hacking is about electronic stealing over a distance, so the name of the thread is a little incorrect ;-))

Forum Editor 19:12 23 Jul 04

- and that's a long time - I have probably spent about 30 seconds worrying that a hacker was going to break into my computer and get my credit card number.

Dorsai 19:13 23 Jul 04

The 'all out to get us (the USA)' bit certainly strikes a chord. Did not know it was USA in origin, or would have probably given about 98% less attention to it.

Pardon me, and lets find something more worthwhile to do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…