you just have to laugh sometimes

bumpkin 00:04 28 Feb 15

I bought something from Ebay advertised as a "plughole Cleaner, spirits of salt" as I had a problem with my bath discharging I thought I would give it a try. Useless as I expected "too dilute" but it clearly states on the bottle in bold letters "Not suitable for wash basins,baths,showers or kitchen sinks" I have to ask myself where else does one have a plughole.

rdave13 00:12 28 Feb 15

No answer to that..

Ask the seller?

mole1944 05:53 28 Feb 15

Swimming baths,bottom of a car for the oil to drain.......,i'll get my hat and coat and be off then byeee.

BT 08:37 28 Feb 15

Spirits of Salts is Hydrochloric Acid and usually works well for limescale and the like, but sink and bath drains are usually blocked with greasy deposits from soap/hair etc, and a Caustic Soda based product will usually work better.

BT 08:42 28 Feb 15

On the subject of 'amusing' adverts, I saw one recently for a local ladies beauty salon offering 'up to 88% hair removal'. Just wondering which bit the 12% they don't get is.

lotvic 09:18 28 Feb 15

I have a chuckle everytime I go past a certain playground, prominently displayed next to the Basketball Hoop is a sign 'NO BALL GAMES ALLOWED'

bumpkin 09:39 28 Feb 15

Caustic Soda, a friend of mine used it to clean a toilet at a closed down hotel he was "looking after". A driver came to collect something and asked to use the toilet, he came out screaming that his cock was on fire and had to be doused with water and taken to hospital. you just have to laugh sometimes

bumpkin 16:49 28 Feb 15

Caustic Soda, now that is a nasty bit of stuff. A friend of mine was "looking after" a closed down hotel, he used it in abundance to clean a filthy toilet. A driver came to collect something and asked to use the loo, he came out screaming that his manhood was on fire and had to be doused with water and taken to A+E at the Hospital in his now soaking wet trousers. As I say *you just have to laugh sometimes *

carver 09:12 01 Mar 15

It's very good for bleaching hair, a long long time ago I had to replace some side wall sheets at a chemical factory and told the manager that his gutters were leaking.

When we investigated further it was a caustic soda pipe that had developed a small leak and that had been dripping on me, had to go straight into a shower but by this time I had developed nice blond streaks in my hair.

Luckily it was light rain at the time and that had diluted the caustic soda but the clothes I had on just disintegrated inside of a week.

Spent six months of abuse from everyone that hairdresser was not very good at her job.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…