"You dirty rat!"

karmgord 21:12 19 Aug 10

click here

It must be true it's in the Sun!

Strawballs 22:40 19 Aug 10

Not the Whopping Liar!!!

DieSse 23:49 19 Aug 10

As was said - probably one of a relatively few remaining coypu.

We've had rats in our roof - think we've actually got rid of them now. One of the pleasures of living in the country in Spain. Includes such things as a snake in the kitchen, scorpions in the living room, and plenty of butterflies (fao Forum Ed).

JYPX 23:51 19 Aug 10

Makes me feel a little better (but not much) about the never ending battle with field mice.
Here is a hot tip from me: If you are young or seeking a new career, have a think about Pest Control. Ants, Mice, Rats, Wasps.What do you reckon. As Global Warming takes effect, are things going to get better, or much, much worse....!

sunnystaines 07:03 20 Aug 10

might be enough meat on them to start eating, they could be bred for the bar B Q like guinea pigs are in some countries.

morddwyd 07:16 20 Aug 10

Didn't know coypu had been culled.

They used to be quite common when I lived down south. People used to mistake them for otters.

I thought that they were just scarcer in Scotland.

Why did they cull them? Were they harmful?

michaelw 08:39 20 Aug 10

...We've had rats in our roof - think we've actually got rid of them now. One of the pleasures of living in the country in Spain. Includes such things as a snake in the kitchen, scorpions in the living room, and plenty of butterflies...

And lizards climbing the walls, as we had when we had a villa in San Pedro.

Noldi 09:28 20 Aug 10

Photo looks like the a fishermans photo when they hold the item out at arms length closer to camera to make it look a lot bigger. In this case on the end of a long piece of wood.

Noldi

canarieslover 09:44 20 Aug 10

I remember Norfolk being the home of many coypu back in the 70's and one car rally I took part in was actually called The Coypu Rally. My driver reckoned he did not need my map reading skills as he only had to follow the trail of flat coypu in the road that been left by the earlier cars.

sunnystaines 09:51 20 Aug 10

Coypu in some countries wreck riverbanks, may be why they were hunted down till there was no more.

sunnystaines 11:57 20 Aug 10

click here

some interesting info. germans beat us to it they eat them already.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009