Yorkshire Ripper Could be "Released"

Uboat 09:58 16 Jul 10

After thinking about ALL what he did to them poor women i dont think he should EVER be let out.

click here

bri-an 10:03 16 Jul 10

"But even if a 30 or 35-year tariff were to be fixed, Sutcliffe would not be let out until a mental health tribunal declared him well enough to return to prison and then the Parole Board was convinced it was safe to release him."

He's nowhere near the point of release yet, I think.

mr simon 10:33 16 Jul 10

Is a day old.

click here for todays update:

bri-an 10:46 16 Jul 10

Hardly a 'day old'!!

The story was on the BBC website, from where I took my quote (main headline), at 10am today.
It changed after that.

Quickbeam 10:51 16 Jul 10

At 64 and half blind I doubt that he'll be a threat anymore. But like Brady, Huntley and a few others, the public opinion will keep him inside for a 'life' life term.

mr simon 11:46 16 Jul 10

The article was written yesterday, it is therefore a day old.

the two smiths 12:46 16 Jul 10

but even I don`t think this man will ever be safe to be released from some secure institution or other. The fact that he is detained at Broadmoor high-security psychiatric hospital suggests to me that he is not yet ready o be released. If the psychiatrists have him moved to an "ordinary" prison then we will know that there is a chance that they will pass him as safe enough to be released. It will be then that it must be considered if he is safe enough to be released or not. As things are now we are all safer to leave him where he is.

Cymro. 13:04 16 Jul 10

The site was still logged in by another member of the family with their log-in details. This and above were posted by me "Cymro"

Mr Mistoffelees 13:53 16 Jul 10

click here

The judge has made it clear Sutcliffe is going to spend the rest of his life in jail.

Quickbeam 14:21 16 Jul 10

I'm tempted to ask if 'the two smiths' has a dual personality, and what did the other one think about it...?

Oooops, I just did:)

Cymro. 17:27 16 Jul 10

No please don`t,
if you knew them as well as I do you just don`t want to know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…