Yet more child abuse - Rotherham etc

john bunyan 17:29 24 Feb 16
Answered

It is sickening how often groups of men from the Pakistani diaspora have been found guilty of abusing young girls. Of course it is obvious that this is carried out by a small number of the 1.2 million from that community living here, but the number of such cases is so great that the community leaders must surely attempt to educate and indeed crack down on this appalling behaviour. There was another case the other day , this time by Somalis, where the relatives of those convicted turned up at the court and caused a lot of trouble over the verdicts. I know that this crime is not unique to this community but it is worrying that the number of cases is out of all proportion to their numbers in society.

It seems to be happening all over the country, and the police etc seem to hold back for fear of being thought to be racially prejudiced - this must, surely, stop?

Rotherham convictions

Matt. 18:45 24 Feb 16

Yes, and this is just the tip of the iceberg! wasn't there a report saying up to 1,400 girls had been abused over over a period of more than 15 years?

bumpkin 21:43 24 Feb 16

It seems to be happening all over the country, and the police etc seem to hold back for fear of being thought to be racially prejudiced - this must, surely, stop?

If you mean that the police are frightened to act because of repercussions then of course it should stop.

Unfortunately child abuse will never stop but any attempts to reduce it should not be hampered by regulations that defy common sense.

Why anybody would want to sexually abuse children is beyond the limits of my comprehension but it seems that there are plenty that do so for whatever their perverse reasons.

mbc 22:14 24 Feb 16

Not just this country, all over Europe.

In Sweden, apparently, the children are instructed on this problem.

x123 15:02 26 Feb 16

I am pleased to see the ringleader of these particular vile acts has been sentenced to 35years.

Quickbeam 16:38 26 Feb 16

That must be one of the longest sentences passed since the great train robbers were sentenced.

Quickbeam 16:42 26 Feb 16

Am I right in thinking that if Savile had been sentenced at this time, the sentences would be extremely lenient by comparison by being based on the sentencing guidelines of the '60s?

john bunyan 17:38 26 Feb 16

I am pleased to see that abusers with dual nationalities may be deprived of their British citizenship. In Rotherham alone there have been over 30 convictions of Asian origin. Of course, Saville, Hall and others show this is a widespread problem, but there is a real problem in the Asian diaspora out of all proportion to their numbers in the population. Some seem to regard young girls as commodities to be used and abused.

Strip citizenship

BT 17:53 26 Feb 16

Just a pity they can't be deported straight away to save the British taxpayer the enormous cost of keeping then incarcerated, no doubt with access to special diets and treatment because of their 'Religions', which obviously don't ban them from doing these obnoxious crimes.

daz60 20:48 26 Feb 16

I can see the lawers rubbing their wallets in anticipation of an attempt to take citizenship away from criminals and deport them.In another thread elsewhere i called for such action but,unfortunately.that old double-edged 'friend' the Human Rights Act will have the last laugh.

Personally i think foreign criminals will claim the right to family life should they have spouses or children in an effort to prevent such an occurence and a judge will ignore that the whole family can enjoy that right in the perpetrators own country.

European criminals could be exiled back to their country of origin for a period with a threat of imprisonment with no parole or visiting rights or state aid should they return before any period of exile is finished.

wee eddie 21:17 26 Feb 16
Answer

I have been considering the sentences of those involved in this case.

I don't know what Religion they profess to, but maybe this is the time to recognise that their behaviour is beyond the pail and their Religious Leaders should enact whatever their equivalent of Ex - communication is.

This would effectively deny them many of the Rights that those of a Religious bent are given

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant