Yesteryear's F1 Race

Quickbeam 08:53 AM 17 Mar 13

Vintage F1 Images

Compared to today's over managed slick image of F1, you can feel the pioneer spirit of early F1 racing in these pictures.

When was the last time you heard of an F1 car's radiator needing topped up with an old galvanised watering can?

Aitchbee 09:30 AM 17 Mar 13

black 'n' white [greyscale] photo's always look great .... you can almost smell the burning rubber and the sounds of the roaring engines.

chub_tor 10:14 AM 17 Mar 13

But what those black and white F1 photos don't show is the terrible cost in lives during that period Click Here which ended with the death of Ayrton Senna in 1994

kad60 11:39 AM 17 Mar 13

Looking through the list of images posted by Quickbeam i came to no' 10 and memories came flooding back.As a child i can remember being at the library with me mam and ,picking up a book, looking at the rearjacket image and being transfixed for what appeared to be a lifetime.That image was of Jim Clark looking at me (the 'camera') from a racecar.

At that moment i felt i had known him all my young life and was saddened at his early demise,too young to meet him and never having known him it is remarkable how powerful an impression of him that image gave me.I never read his various biographies,what for when that image gave me all i needed.

One of only an handful of people i would like to have met. Thanks for the memory Quickbeam.

finerty 21:21 PM 17 Mar 13

Great Photos and bring back fond memories

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know