Yahoo "Why is this so"

charmingman 11:28 04 Jun 08

Ive got a couple of email addresses & one is paid & the other isnt it a free account, the paid account when i get spam i flag it as Spam & never hear from them again BUT the free account when i Spam it in exactly the same way never stopps it, this is drinving me crazy as i have tons of rubbish everyday around 30 spam emails a day & ive clicked on the bottom of the spam emails to "Unsubscribe" as they call it but keep getting them back NO matter what i do...Also what anoyed me is i cant directly email Yahoo its terrible all i get is "FAQ's" ehich is no good i want a answer..does anyone else have this & can anyone supply a contact address for Yahoo..thankx

Cymro. 11:36 04 Jun 08

Someone on this forum said that even clicking to unsubscribe only makes the problem even worse as you have responded to their pam and so that is enough for them to just send you even more spam. I also average about the same number of spam Emails as you. I just mark them as spam and then ignore them.

Forum Editor 18:14 04 Jun 08

Never unsubscribe a spam message - not ever, under any circumstances.

MAT ALAN 18:17 04 Jun 08

click here

use this, you'll be Spamless in minutes...

peter99co 18:29 04 Jun 08

I agree.

Forum Editor 19:12 04 Jun 08

please do us all a favour and do not use it to bounce any spam messages. You'll simply be adding to the vast tides of dross that sweep back and forth across the internet, slowing the journey for the rest of us.

peter99co 19:25 04 Jun 08

I once read that a bounced mail has the same effect as clicking on the mail and must be avoided. To be able to delete on the server is good enough. The latest Mailwasher has a Recycle Bin in case you change your mind. Don't forget to clear it now and again.

It's use of a Friends list/blacklist is very useful.

laurie53 19:45 04 Jun 08

To be fair to Yahoo, I've got a free account and while perhaps 3 or spams a day get to my inbox the vast majority (30 or 40 a day) are routed straight to my spam box where they are automatically. deleted after a week.

1911 19:58 04 Jun 08

since I changed to Gmail I just dont get any spam. I didnt set any filters. I have a "spam" box with hundreds of spam in it but in the past year only two have made it into the inbox.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced