Yahoo Toolbar in Chrome

morddwyd 09:14 AM 21 Aug 11

I have Chrome as my default browser and I wish to use Yahoo as my default mail client.

To do this I need to install the Yahoo toolbar, but the latest version is not compatible with Chrome.

Anyone know where I can get an earlier version?

Even the trusted old faithful FileHippo doesn't seem to have it.

Bapou 11:43 AM 21 Aug 11
  Bapou 11:45 AM 21 Aug 11

Sorry about my 'Click Here', first time using it and really messed up.

morddwyd 18:32 PM 21 Aug 11

Thanks. I can already access my Yahoo mail account in Chrome. What I want to do is make Yahoo my default mail client i.e. when I click on a "Contact Us" link I get my Yahoo mail page, not Windows Livemail, which I've never used,

mark2 19:37 PM 21 Aug 11

Have a look at the yahoo widget, (possibly the same as above) download link at the end of the article, not a yahoo user so unable to check it out, but the gmail version does as you ask when clicking a "contact us" link

morddwyd 08:24 AM 22 Aug 11

Thanks. As I say, don't have any problem accessing my Yahoo account in Chrome, or any other browser for that matter Chrome is my default browser and I rarely use anything else, just as Yahoo is my default mail account.

It's just that when I click on a "Contact Us" link I invariably get the Windows Live compose screen, and I have to copy the address then paste into Yahoo, which is nearly always already open in another tab anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued