Yahoo! Messenger warning

BigRik 21:20 30 Jun 05

When I opened Yahoo! Messenger, I recieved the following offline message:

ltlbrd4 : is Yahoo President Jay Russell, I am sorry to announce that Yahoo has reached its maximum number of accounts two million. If you would like to keep your account for free send this to everyone on your list. This way we can know which accounts are being used and which accounts we can delete. Send this within 8 days and your account will remain free. Once again I am sincerely sorry that I have to do this. Please start sending. Jay Russell, Yahoo Management Renee: WHOEVER DOESN'T SEND THIS MESSAGE YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DEACTIVATED AND IT WILL COST $10.00 A MONTH TO USE IT! TO SEND 2 EVERYONE ON YOUR LIST.

As you can see, the grammar is not spectacular which raises my suspicions a little.
So does anyone know if its genuine or not?

stalion 22:18 30 Jun 05

ignore it, it's based on the chain letter and a totally unorthodox way of informing anyone

BigRik 22:30 01 Jul 05

Thanks for your answer Stalion. I thought it was a bit strange but thought I'd double check.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…