Yahoo to close thousands of free websites

Seth Haniel 17:31 23 May 09

click here

GeoCities will close later this year.
Why is GeoCities not accepting new customers?
We have decided to discontinue the process of allowing new customers to sign up for GeoCities accounts as we focus on helping our customers explore and build new relationships online in other ways. We will be closing GeoCities later this year.

I'm a GeoCities customer. What's happening to my site?
Existing GeoCities accounts have not changed. You can continue to enjoy your web site and GeoCities services until later this year. You don't need to change a thing right now — we just wanted you to let you know about the closure as soon as possible. We'll provide more details about closing GeoCities and how to save your site data this summer, and we will update the help center with more details at that time.

Will something happen to my GeoCities Free or Plus account?
Later this year we will be closing all GeoCities accounts and web sites. We'll send you more details this summer.

tein 10:10 24 May 09

Seth intrestin link, last year another website closed which was based on almost the same concept, i recived a email then another one and so on informing me to withdraw any info & pics from there site, then just about a few days before its took offline they remind u once more!
i would of thought this will be done in a similar way!

its a shame cause years ago i used GeoCities & found it good!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…