XP2 updated and working okay

CurlyWhirly 05:36 26 Aug 04

I have just downloaded and installed SP2 and I was surprised how quick it took!
It says on the Microsoft update website that it would take over an hour on my 512 kbps broadband connection but it actually took just over 45 minutes!
I don't know whether this had anything to do with me downloading in the small hours of the morning!

I was reading loads of scare stories about SP2 and so I have decided to try it out for myself and so far I have found NO problems.
Early days yet but here's hoping!
IMHO well worth trying out as long as you have made a backup and/or enabled System Restore.
CW

CurlyWhirly 05:37 26 Aug 04

Sorry my spelling this morning!
CW

Don3002 18:46 26 Aug 04

I downloaded SP2 yesterday and from the reboot my machine became slower than my first 286. I have uninstalled it now and things are back to normal. I think it might be because I have Norton Internet security and a firewall on my router so it was slowing down my surfing. It was actually taking ages to boot up and open programs. It is worth a try, but I'll be living without it on my Mesh Matrix 2600

CurlyWhirly 20:27 26 Aug 04

You are one of the unlucky ones then.
Better luck next time.
CW

alan5758 20:55 26 Aug 04

i am asking for help for my son he downloaded sp2 now his computer will not on. help alan5758

igk 21:38 26 Aug 04

Alan5758,, reboot get into safe mode (keep pressing F8) then go into control panel then uninstal sp2 then try rebooting as normal.hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…