XP, SP 2

Joeyace 17:35 17 Oct 04

Could anyone confirm if once SP2 is installed in an XP Home os, from the disc supplied in this month's copy of PC Advisor,it can be completely uninstalled via the add/remove window?I ask this because when I got my new tower the vendor installed XP Pro and SP2 from the windows download centre, and it has been giving me grief eversince. I have not been able to uninstall it from the add/remove list because it is not there to remove.I would eventually like to install XP Home with SP2, is there any problems I could encounter with this installation?I would like to leave my panda firewall instead of using the windows one.Is mozilla a good choice for this installation? and finally would you recommend against outlook express in favour of office outlook 2004? Thanks Joey (Gibraltar).

VoG II 17:40 17 Oct 04

Methods for removing SP2 click here

Forum Editor 17:43 17 Oct 04

By using the add/remove programs facility in Control panel. You'll need to click the little box that says "Show updates" first though, or you won't see SP2 in the list of installed software.

Most people have installed SP2 without any major problems, so perhaps you could expand on your comment "....it has been giving me grief eversince". What grief exactly?

There's no problem with using a third party firewall - just turn the Windows firewall off.

If you want to make serious use of email and contacts, and you want an excellent calendar there's no contest - Outlook is streets ahead of Outlook Express.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…