X-ray cameras 'see through clothes'

whatustaring@ 11:50 29 Jan 07

OMG this is scarrey .....
click here

Kate B 12:49 29 Jan 07

Well, of course x-ray machines see through clothes. But they don't see your bits, as it were, they see your bones and anything solid. My concern is more the radiation than worrying if some random CCTV operator can see that I've got a purse in my pocket.

spuds 13:57 29 Jan 07

" memo dated January 17, was drawn up by the Home Office". Say no more, I think most of us have the Home Office in our minds due to regular occurring events from that section of government.

€dstowe 14:03 29 Jan 07

X-radiation is not something to be used lightly.

Any thoughts of X-rays being used outside of a very carefully controlled environment is horrific. X-rays being used by some of the fools we currently have "protecting" us is stuff of nightmares.

rodriguez 14:16 29 Jan 07

Kate and €dstowe have the right idea. The last time I had an X-Ray in hospital, the bloke operating it was behind a protective area. The idea of exposing X-Rays to any old wally in the street could cause allsorts of problems. And what happens if some young hooligans decide to vandalise them? Imagine what radiation could be released then...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:53 29 Jan 07

When I was a kid you could send off foe "X-Ray Specs" advertised in the comic books.

;0)

Jak_1 14:54 29 Jan 07

The use of all xray equipment is carefully monitored by the 'Health Protection Agency'

click here

All persons operating any x-ray equipment are required to wear a monitoring badge, you may have seen x-ray staff wearing a small blue plastic badge. This monitors the amount of radiation they are subject to in a given period. Strict guidelines abound in the use of all x-ray equipment. The chance of uncontrolled eaquipment being allowed on the streets is extremely unlikely. The amount of radiation required, given that a camera would have to be placed at a distance, would be too high for public safety including the 'scatter radiation'. A non starter I surmise!

Kate B is close in her description but yes, x-rays can and do show the 'intimate bits'! Take for example the mamogram.

Diemmess 16:58 29 Jan 07

Typical of the way taxpayer's money is spent by those whose salary comes from indulging in fantasy from a very scant knowledge base.

This idea may be an in-house joke, it was after all a 'leaked' story without official blessing.

For the reasons already expressed all X-radiation is potentially harmful, but depending on the source (which is loaded with safety measures) is a vital tool in diagnosis of human and manufacturing flaws.

The idea Yahoo quotes will never get off the starting blocks.

Ho-Lin-Sok 17:04 29 Jan 07

Anyone know where I can get some lead underpants.

Ho-Lin-Sok 17:07 29 Jan 07

This is purportedly how you may look to the viewer, not quite down to the bone Kate B
click here

Jak_1 17:17 29 Jan 07

Ho-Lin-Sok

Anyone know where I can get some lead underpants.

At the 'Plumb Centre' lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…