Wrong sort of trains...

realist 21:57 29 Aug 07

Looks like the man who ordered the trains didn't consult the man providing the tracks!

No doubt the French and Japanese would find this all very amusing.

click here

Brumas 22:57 29 Aug 07

Sounds like the sort of material the Monty Python Team could have had a right good sketch about :o)

spuds 23:16 29 Aug 07

The wrong type of snow or leaves on the track was the excuse a year or two ago. Now the wrong trains, whatever next, increased fares, cancellations and delays perhaps :O(

Perhaps we should get the Japanese or Indian railways, to show how its all done.

Stuartli 23:20 29 Aug 07

I've an idea there was/is a similar problem on MerseyRail lines in the city's underground section due to some of the track curves being too tight.

Mind you, when they first acquired the new trains to replace those that had provided superb service for 40 years (still had the original electric motors), if it was wet the trains would often end up past a station and have to reverse back to pick up passengers...:-)

laurie53 08:05 30 Aug 07

Funny how they never seem to blame the wrong managers or executives!

Clapton is God 13:45 30 Aug 07

Absolute nonsense.

It's nothing to do with the trains.

It's actually the wrong sort of passengers - they're all too big and heavy.

Do away with the passengers and the trains will run like a dream.

jack 14:32 30 Aug 07

"It's actually the wrong sort of passengers - they're all too big and heavy."
----------------------o0o--------------------------
Now there is a thought
Refuse tickets to potential passengers who BMI is above a certain value.

No only would the trains be lighter - but more thinner ticket buying passengers could be packed in

Thats a money spinner if ever there was one.

Sorry Sir you cannot get on my train because you are too fat.

QuizMan 23:12 30 Aug 07

I like it. As someone with a BMI of 21, I could have the train to myself.

TopCat® 00:38 31 Aug 07

on a diet during manufacture. Just goes to show the apparent lack of consultation between coach builders and the railtrack people before making the things.

When you think about it, this country was the birthplace of all the world's railways but in this, the twenty-first century, we still can't get it right. The great rail engineers of the past must be turning in their graves, methinks! TC.

jack 12:05 31 Aug 07

When you read up what R Trevithick and MK Brunel among other had to put up with- I don't think it is too far removed.- F.U's and SNAFU's galore then but of course they were still learning then

MichelleC 12:45 31 Aug 07

I'm no technician but I still don't understand why we haven't explored the possibility of utilising magnetic levitation transport click here There's no friction, it would save fuel and be environmentally friendly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced