Writely - The Web Word Processor

powerless 13:55 19 Dec 05

click here

Anyone tried it?

Chegs ®™ 14:02 19 Dec 05

"Collaborate just by entering people's e-mail addresses." Not likely to try it,as this looks like something to make harvesting email addresses even easier for spammers. :-(

PurplePenny 14:28 19 Dec 05

There is a Privacy Policy which includes this:
"Upstartle will never sell, rent or share your personal information, especially your e-mail addresses, with any third parties for marketing purposes without your express permission."

DieSse 14:55 19 Dec 05

On the face of it, it looks like an extremely neat idea. I'll certainly be giving it a try out in the near future, As I have a use for such a facility.

Thanx for the link.

smokingbeagle 19:34 19 Dec 05

The Privacy Policy doesn't say anything about the privacy of the recipient or their email address. Your correspondent may not appreciate being spammed.

PurplePenny 19:55 19 Dec 05

"Your correspondent may not appreciate being spammed."

I don't believe that anyone is going to get spammed as a result of signing up to Writely or of being added to a document's 'allowed' list.

Writely is getting good reviews; no mention of spam anywhere.

Chegs ®™ 03:04 20 Dec 05

I will still hold off until its been around a while longer.Not that I'm distrustful or anything. :-)

interzone55 08:38 20 Dec 05

I signed up for this service at the weekend, it seems to be a pretty good, if basic collaboration tool, and you can even save the resulting documents as PDFs, although this feature will probably be part of the "premium" service when it comes out of beta.

I'll probably only use this service when travelling for compiling a journal, no worrying about lost pen drives then.

GaT7 17:26 15 Mar 06

I came across this recently & wanted to ask the same question Powerless.

Any more thoughts, comments or experiences?

It's being taken over by Google click here. At the moment no new registrations until the Google move is completed (though one can be notified of this by email click here).

About Writely Spam click here. G

Bob The Nob© 20:41 16 Mar 06

I have used it and I think is great. Me and a friend work on documents online, this gets some of the work done quicker.

Yes, it being taken over by google. I think the take over will make it better!

GaT7 23:20 16 Mar 06

Thanks for getting back Bob The Nob© : ) I think I'll give it a try when they accept new registrations. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…