The WrightStuff

dagnammit 09:37 16 Oct 09

I'm a little confused... why have an Australian (Mark Little) and an American (Donny Osmond) discuss British Politics/Politicians and House of Lords reform?

Oh, it's a TV show on 5 now.

PalaeoBill 09:51 16 Oct 09

They have a better class of corrupt politician. Their guys and gals smile while they shaft you and say thank you afterwards. Ours just deny they have done anything wrong.

Stuartli 10:54 16 Oct 09

Can't be Wright can it?

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:30 16 Oct 09

AFAIK there is no requirement to be a British Citizen to comment on things British.

G

Snec 18:42 16 Oct 09

Careful there..... your post may be construed as racist :o)

dagnammit 19:55 16 Oct 09

Their views certainly aren't worthy of attention. Celebrity foreigners... what real life opinion/knowledge can they have on the UK?

morddwyd 20:43 16 Oct 09

Plenty of people on here have had views on the US President, past and present.

Sauce for the goose and all that.

DANZIG 08:46 17 Oct 09

I think The Wright Stuff is quite possibly the best programme on TV at that time in the morning.

The inclusion of foreign people discussing whats going on the news is immaterial. Its entertainment!

The daily guest anyway, which Donny was yesterday, is only there to plug something - which everyone does these days!

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:39 17 Oct 09

'Their views certainly aren't worthy of attention. Celebrity foreigners... what real life opinion/knowledge can they have on the UK?'..probably better than the ones in this country who read the Sun, Mirror and Mail. You greatly over-estimate the power of the British people to be interested, even slightly, in politics.

G

Forum Editor 09:48 17 Oct 09

I beg to differ. Outsiders can often see what those who are close to a subject fail to detect.

I haven't noticed any reticence on the part of forum contributors to make sweeping comments about Americans, or American life, and I imagine that a good few of those contributors have never done more than spend a couple of weeks visiting Disney Land and other tourist locations.

I see no reason why these two people shouldn't discuss British politics - they have a perfect right to express opinions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac