Would you fly on a 'Skyrider'?

WhiteTruckMan 21:34 17 Sep 10

click here

I've seen comfier seating at a bus stop. Come to think of it, the aluminium and canvas contraptions we had in the back of C130's were probably more comfortable!

"The Skyrider is styled on saddles used by cowboys in the Wild West - the makers claim you can sit on a horse for long periods of time and not feel discomfort. "

They missed a word-eventually.

FE is a frequent flier. I look foreward to hearing his review. Once he gets used to them!

WTM

canarieslover 21:44 17 Sep 10

Well you certainly wouldn't be able to put your head between your legs, and kiss your backside goodbye, in an emergency. Certainly short haul only.

karmgord 21:56 17 Sep 10

I worry about evacuation times with extra passengers,they are TOTALLY unrealistic already!

Jameslayer 22:12 17 Sep 10

I will not be using one of those chairs. Suprised none of the rail companys have tried but maybe even they have better sense.

Forum Editor 00:42 18 Sep 10

I would get on a horse. In an aircraft I want a proper seat, and so does everyone else I imagine.

There's no way I will ever fly in one of these seats, and I doubt that they will feature in any aircraft other than perhaps a budget airline's short-haul fleet.

wiz-king 17:36 18 Sep 10

You have to admit the toilets would be better than those in a C130!

WhiteTruckMan 21:37 18 Sep 10

At least those you can get to!

WTM

zzzz999 10:18 19 Sep 10

I can see them being handy for nearby European away games where the fans would rather be standing and singing

michaelw 10:36 19 Sep 10

I'm sure Mr Michael 'cattletruck' O'Leary will be looking closely at these. But I'm not sure they'll pass Elf 'n Saftey guidelines.

octal 12:34 19 Sep 10

Slightest bit of turbulence and everyone will be shouting Yee haw, Cowboy!

Anyone who has sat in a saddle for any period for the first time will testify it is not comfortable, it is an acquired taste, your legs will ache like Billyo' for the first couple of weeks. They look more like bicycle saddles, again unless you are used to it you'll end up with major bum-sore.

jakimo 13:48 19 Sep 10

As a nation with bad back syndrome I cant see this going down too well with UK passengers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced