5. Islington, north London
6. Middlesbrough, North East
7. City of Nottingham, East Midlands
8. Strabane, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland
9. Blaenau Gwent, south Wales
10. Manchester, North West

Unless you know of somewhere else!

Totally-braindead 12:24 22 Oct 06

May I ask who says this just out of curiousity?

BigRik 12:32 22 Oct 06
  Totally-braindead 12:37 22 Oct 06

Hmmm. Trouble about surveys are they can say anything they wish depending on what they ask, who they ask etc.
Wonder if the people living in these areas agree with the findings?

spuds 12:49 22 Oct 06

Like all these type of surveys, it depends on how the survey is conducted, and by whom.

Personally, I would imagine that where you live, was of your own making, whether this was the 'best' or 'worst' place.It wouldn't want an intellectual or expert to inform me of this fact.

Didn't the number 6 on the list Middlesbrough, North East have certain things in their favour, like zero tolerance, and a very expensive grant funded stature?.

Tugwilson 12:50 22 Oct 06

Barrow-in-Furness.Now theres a place to avoid !(in my humble opinion)they dont bury the dead they put them in the bus shelters to make it look lively.Lived 30 years there before i woke up and found the railway station

Medieval village at the end of a 20 mile culdisac.

mikef. 13:35 22 Oct 06

I take these surveys with a large pinch of salt, according to last years survey one of the best places to live was Stratford upon Avon, you'd have to pay me to live there

anchor 14:35 22 Oct 06

This is perhaps better known as Ebbw Vale. The Welsh side of my family live here, and I know it very well. It is in fact now quite a nice area, close to the start of the Brecon Beacon National Park. It sits in a valley surrounded by green mountains.

Years ago it was very much an industrial town, with a busy steelworks and many collieries. Now they have all gone, leaving the air fresh and clean. With their departure sadly has come unemployment, which could be why it is rated a bad place to live. The same may be said of Merthyr Tydfil which is nearby.

Jimmy14 14:38 22 Oct 06

Scotland never got a mention I see, must be a good thing.

hijo 14:44 22 Oct 06

thats a place thats got tons (or if your from there TUNS) of chavs walking the streets with cans of beer in there hands...!!! NOT GOOD...

Amyfa 15:04 22 Oct 06

I live in Tower Hamlets, will have to watch the programme to find out why it's so bad here. Houses cost upwards of half a million and a studio or 1 bed flat will cost upwards of £120,000 and that would be an ex council flat. Schools may not be the best, crime is about in little pockets, I am not frightened to go out. My brothers work in Canary Wharf and I like to go shopping there. Transport links are very good in Tower Hamlets. The Tower of London is here as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5