Worst Advert on TV

pj123 14:53 19 Aug 08

confused.com must be the worst ad on TV.

Or do you know different?

Mr Mistoffelees 14:57 19 Aug 08

There are so many bad and irritating adverts on the tv I find it hard to think of one that stands out as being worst.

Brumas 15:06 19 Aug 08

All I will say is thank heavens for the mute button!

€dstowe 15:24 19 Aug 08

Bad and irritating adverts work on the principle that the worse they are, the more they will be remembered.

The idea that irritation might result in rejection of the product doesn't seem to occur to some advertisers - as instanced by so many dreadful TV ads.

My company used to work in TV advertising but, no longer. A lot of ideas put forward by advertising agents for us to interpret into something viable to be shown on television were, and probably still are, so bizarre that the ones that are actually shown appear extremely conventional and innocuous.

QuizMan 15:35 19 Aug 08

Nothing beats Shake & Vac

Marko797 15:36 19 Aug 08

that any TV advert has ever made me feel that I want to go out & buy what they are selling.

They are an irritant for sure, and pee me off big time, but are revenue generators for TV companies.

I'm with Brumas with the mute button.

stolensilver 15:40 19 Aug 08

That peeing baby. That advert is gross. Ugh!

The Hoff 15:41 19 Aug 08

In terms of content its surely vagisil....which allways seems to come up when I'm eating :-s

pj123 15:41 19 Aug 08

€dstowe, "Bad and irritating adverts work on the principle that the worse they are, the more they will be remembered"

Yes, agreed. I remember them and then think I will never buy anything from them.

Si_L 15:43 19 Aug 08

Cillit Bang annoys me, why does he have to shout all the time?

pj123 15:54 19 Aug 08

€dstowe, "Bad and irritating adverts work on the principle that the worse they are, the more they will be remembered"

Yes, agreed. I remember them and then think I will never buy anything from them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…