World War 2

Þ² 09:55 20 May 10

We all know the saying that goes like... "War doesn't determine who's right, just who's left" and it's not where I want this thread to go.

Most movies and video games show the rightful defeat of Nazi Germany but is there any that show it the other way???

birdface 10:00 20 May 10

Only 134 years ago.

click here

Þ² 10:05 20 May 10

WWII?

dagbladet 10:10 20 May 10

Fatherland (1994)

click here

dagbladet 10:12 20 May 10

Resistance - Owen Sheers (Book)

click here

birdface 10:16 20 May 10

Oops sorry. But only 64 years out.

Big L 266 10:17 20 May 10

Hello.

I recall a BBC programme many years ago in which it portrayed the Germans having won WW2 with the British losing it. The basis of the programme was created by the BBC based around documents found in Germany as to what would happen after Germany won the war, and how it would govern the U.K.

I neither recall the name or year of the programme or whether it was a documentary or fictional dramatisation but seeing the Swastika flying over the Houses Of Parliament was quite scary.

By the way, our own historical past based on conquering the world killing, maiming and ruining millions of lives and countries as we did so in India, Africa, Middle East etc back in the 19th century doesn't bode well either yet these events never get put into video games only films.

Big L 266

johndrew 10:20 20 May 10

Why would anyone want to "show it the other way"?

Þ² 10:52 20 May 10

Thank you!

Big L 266

That looks interesting.

johndrew

I guess we could discuss why people have the 'what if' curiousity about the world we live in....

me personally is a case of wanting to see what would have happened had Germany won, as the war movies/games Ive seen factual or fictional show the allies winning

egapup 11:56 20 May 10

"me personally is a case of wanting to see what would have happened had Germany won"
We would be speaking German and the trains would run on time.

Woolwell 12:14 20 May 10

"me personally is a case of wanting to see what would have happened had Germany won"
And many in Britain today wouldn't be alive.

"the war movies/games Ive seen factual or fictional show the allies winning" that's because the allies won! Some are a bit far fetched and exaggerate the USA involvement though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…