working beyond retrirement?? How many of you here?

rickf 20:39 04 Feb 11

Just out of interest as I am one of the above. Wonedering if any of you forum members are in the same boat.

canarieslover 20:51 04 Feb 11

Not me! I got a good offer to take early retirement and decided to take it. I probably work harder now doing odd jobs around my own and both my sons houses, but that is my choice. I can now also take holidays outside the busy periods and can now afford to take a couple of holidays a year rather than just the one that had to be at a time dictated by my job.

peter99co 21:01 04 Feb 11

I think you are having to work past 65 by the sound of it.

Not for me. I've jumped ship!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:54 04 Feb 11

Just about to be pushed overboard.

nangadef 22:09 04 Feb 11

Managed to get voluntary severance and early retirement at 51. Best thing I've ever done.

OTT_B 22:12 04 Feb 11

No where near that point yet (30 years to go - gulp). The question is, will my pension fund have enough money in it to retire at or preferably well before 65??? With the way economics work, it's doubtful.

Condom 22:23 04 Feb 11

I went in my early 50's and it was the best decision I ever made. I have since seen a lot of the world I would probably only have dreamed about and long may it continue.

Flak999 23:03 04 Feb 11

I also am retired, after 30 years in the fire service I am fortunate to have received one of those "gold plated" public sector pensions.

I retired at 50 and am enjoying life immensely, long may it last!

Graham. 00:19 05 Feb 11

They wanted me to stay on, but I said 'Give me the money (lump sum). Then they said 'Come back as a Contractor', £200 a day.

I gave it a go for 3 days, then quit.

I don't know how I ever found time to work.

Quickbeam 00:49 05 Feb 11

I'm not old enough to retire yet, but I don't plan on being that silly.

morddwyd 07:37 05 Feb 11

I actually asked to stay on, but they refused.

Within a month they were asking me to come back, but I refused - I was enjoying it too much by then!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced