Words fail me

Coffee Adict 21:15 05 Aug 08

Doubly so because of the mans position I suppose.

click here

I know this is a delicate subject, and I can already hear Mr FEs' delete finger twitching.

Perhaps I was lucky in having a very happy secure childhood.

tasslehoff burrfoot 21:21 05 Aug 08

10 years?

Yeah, words fail me too :(

MAT ALAN 21:29 05 Aug 08

A delicate subject indeed but if a BBC news website can make it public then i think we have the right to comment on it in a manner conducive to this forum...

regardless of this mans profession it grieves me to think that there are many cases like this that never see the light of day...

Blackhat 22:57 05 Aug 08

This raises a subject that I have been nervous about asking advice on and highlights why I have not done so for a while. There a people like this man in many walks of life and unfortunately very cleaver at hiding their secrets. Who knows what information this man has had access to in order to perpetuate his paedophilia as a result of his position?

The very nature of the orientation of these peoples minds who are also very cleaver and cunning would lead them into occupations where they can heighten there exposure to the vulnerable people in our society.

The problem I am dealing with relates to (I did right a sentence here but decided to remove it on re-reading) and I am seeking a contact that I can discuss serious issues with in absolute confidentiality. I cannot trust the very people who you would naturally think of as being able to help in respect of the information I have. If the cat gets out of the bag it all goes underground, it did for a few years a while back, but it hasn’t gone away.

Who can you contact with confidential information these days with absolute trust that nowhere down the line your information is compromised?

mrwoowoo 23:51 05 Aug 08

Hope these are relevent.
click here
click here
Also your county council website will have numbers which to call to report and discuss such things.
Citizens advice should be able to help,even if only providing you with the relevent literature.

Forum Editor 00:12 06 Aug 08

and nothing anyone can do is ever likely to prevent paedophiles from becoming senior police officers.

Blackhat 00:14 06 Aug 08

As I said ‘I cannot trust the very people who you would naturally think of as being able to help in respect of the information I have’.

I am afraid the victims I have talked with have suffered at the hands of senior decision makers within the types of organisations you link to. Now you see my problem! This is the reason they have not come forward with their information.

I cannot detail info here as this is an open internet forum and anyone could be reading this.

When I ask for absolute confidentiality 1000% I don’t believe I know of any contact yet that I can trust for these victims.

Forum Editor 00:15 06 Aug 08

"Who can you contact with confidential information these days"?

Indulging in paedophile activities is a criminal offence, and must be dealt with by the police. There's nobody else who can bring a criminal prosecution.

€dstowe 06:54 06 Aug 08

If you do have information about any wrong doing such as you suggest, it is your duty to report this to the authorities - doing otherwise is abrogating your responsibilities as a human being.

If you have any distrust, insist on at least two people being present when your reveal your information.

As FE says, the police is the correct authority to approach but you find in the first instance that speaking to your GP or other person you trust would help.

Remember that is vital that you have proof of any allegations you might make otherwise, if these people are in positions of responsibility, it will be a case of your word against theirs and there will be a natural tendency to respect the other party, the accused, rather than you, the accuser.

Forum Editor 09:27 06 Aug 08

not because of your initial post, Coffee Adict, but because we're showing signs of skating out onto some very thin ice, and in such circumstances discretion is the better part of valour.

I'm sure you'll understand.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017