A word of warning about the Olympic games.

Forum Editor 23:53 10 Aug 08

I hope that nobody succumbs, but it's worth mentioning that there are already a number of virus-laden emails in circulation that purport to come from 'official' Olympic sources. People are urged to visit fake Olympic websites, or click on links which lead to infected PDF downloads.

Enjoy the Olympics, but don't open anything which entices you to become more involved; there are no Olympic lotteries that will pay you big prize money, even if you haven't entered.

User2008 00:05 11 Aug 08

Thanks for that FE.

day2strike 00:09 11 Aug 08

Cheers for the heads up on this FE.

octal 06:13 11 Aug 08

Thanks for that, I'll add them to all the CNN, UPS and Fedex ones I keep getting as well.

tigertop2 09:56 11 Aug 08

Very helpful info , much appreciated.

Forum Editor 10:00 11 Aug 08

telling them they have won a big cash prize in the official Olympic lottery, and the messages look very convincing.

NewestRoyWidd1 10:07 11 Aug 08

Thanks FE,duly noted.

jack 11:52 11 Aug 08

Though all viewers of this site should be aware by now of the scams that abound.

If you did not go in - you can not win

Simple innit!

Legolas 19:03 12 Aug 08

I don't think I have received any so far but thanks for the warning now I will not be tempted to open them.

ulrich 19:42 12 Aug 08

What is it? Besides Fake singers, fake fireworks and a fake audience, I personally wouldn't open anything to do with the Olympics. I might watch the closing ceremony to see the end of it.

Forum Editor 20:05 12 Aug 08

So, you're a glass half full person then?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…