woodwinds.me.uk

FRCS 17:41 19 Oct 06

I'm getting a lot of un-solicited email from these people, does anyone know if this company are professional spammers? No 2 emails are the same and some look like they are "normal" emails, listing them as "Spam" seems not to help either.

Forum Editor 18:00 19 Oct 06

the recipient of spoofed emails. The owner of the domain you mention is certainly not a 'professional spammer'.

It might be an idea to investigate more thoroughly before posting such a thread in future, especially when you name the domain in question - the owner will probably know nothing about it. One look at the domain in question is enough to tell you that it's extremely unlikely to be spamming you. If someone is spoofing the address there's very little you (or anyone else) can do about it. In time it will die down - many of us have suffered in a similar way.

Jackcoms 18:04 19 Oct 06

Assuming there's no 'remove me from your mailing list' option on their e-mails, use click here to filter out spam.

Jackcoms 18:05 19 Oct 06

This is the domain in question click here

Very professional - NOT.

Forum Editor 18:41 19 Oct 06

asking me to remove your thread. It's a bit late for that now, but I notice you say you're planning to take up the matter with your ISP.

I doubt there's much they can do - this kind of thing is happening millions of times a day - but it's worth a try.

PurplePenny 23:11 19 Oct 06

It's a .me domain so it is a personal site; there is no reason to expect it to look professional.

Jackcoms 07:10 20 Oct 06

Thanks for that.

I must admit that I had no idea what a .me domain was!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos