Wish I could afford this book

john bunyan 15:35 20 Dec 10

click here

The Sunday papers had extensive coverage but FE would instantly lock the thread if some of the examples were quoted!

jakimo 15:52 20 Dec 10

Why would the FE lock quotes of genuine English slang?

john bunyan 15:56 20 Dec 10

Did you read the Sunday Times review? Some examples were a bit near the knuckle.

Pine Man 15:58 20 Dec 10

Have you read the link?

Covergirl 12:05 21 Dec 10

(Best not mention Rogers Profanisaurus then . . . )

interzone55 14:13 21 Dec 10

"Best not mention Rogers Profanisaurus then"

One of the funniest books I've ever read.

Also very funny, and clever, but not quite so rude are The Meaning of Liff and The Deeper Meaning of Liff by Douglas Adams & John Lloyd where they apply imaginary meanings to place names...

Bingalau 19:59 21 Dec 10

john bunyan.
Why not buy one of those Kindle book readers and then you may be able to download it cheaper?

john bunyan 15:11 22 Dec 10

This book is about 6000 pages and is over £260! I am tossing up whether to get a Kindle or a Sony reader - wish the file formats were the same as I prefer not to have Amazon as a sole supplier with Kindle.

Bingalau 16:44 22 Dec 10

john bunyan. I took a chance and ordered one of those Kindle things for my lady friend's Christmas pressie. She's not into gadgets, but she is into books. I hope it goes down well with her, otherwise I will have to start reading loads of books to make it worthwhile having.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…