Wireless recharging

WhiteTruckMan 22:44 19 Nov 06

click here

Its not really new. In fact I believe the basic concept of 'broadcast power' has been around since the 1930's. But its still an interesting concept when you think about it.

WTM

De Marcus™ 22:50 19 Nov 06

Will it work on my wife?

De Marcus™ 22:53 19 Nov 06

Just kidding, in fact I've a fair interest in this area. If wireless broadcasts can be made to provide sufficient power then I think we can do away with batteries all together, provided the broadcast is stong enough we could eventually see a wireless powered mobile, or laptop, but I guess that's some way off, but impossible.

De Marcus™ 22:54 19 Nov 06

but > not impossible...

WhiteTruckMan 22:56 19 Nov 06

Get to the back of the queue matey!

:-)

WTM

Pidder 09:20 20 Nov 06

I'm already concerned about the possibility of a nearby wireless router disturbing my sleep pattern. Whatever next?

g0slp 09:33 20 Nov 06

If folk are concerned not about mobile phone masts, wait until they find out how much RF energy would be around if this technology were to become common.

It'll all end in tears, I tell you...

:-)

oresome 18:46 20 Nov 06

Can you imagine a whole community living in a radio blackspot, only to find later that the guy at the top of the hill was heating his house from the radio transmissions to the detriment of the others?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:02 20 Nov 06

In 1900, Tesla began construction on Long Island of a wireless broadcasting tower. The project was funded with $150,000 capital from financier J. Pierpont Morgan. The project was abandoned when Morgan withdrew his financial support. Tesla's work shifted to turbines and other projects, but his ideas remained on the drawing board due to a lack of funds. Tesla's notebooks are still examined by engineers in search of unexploited ideas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…