winter fuel allowance should be scrapped

N47. 19:41 03 Jan 13

for the majority and just given to those who claim pension credit ie the poorest of pensioners.

If the working well paid can loose their child benefit if one of them earns over £60,000 why can't those pensioners who do not really need it, have it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2256466/Paul-Burstow-Four-pensioners-lose-help-fuel-bills-raise-1-5billion-fund-elderly-care.html

Aitchbee 19:41 07 Jan 13

N47 - as I live alone, [and always will], I would be happy to use the money that my house is worth to pay for care ... if need be. But must be french Au Pair female < 25 ;O}

bumpkin 19:47 07 Jan 13

Lotvic, I agree with you in principle but there will be no savings on administration or anything else it will just be wasted by the government on something else, probably their expenses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…